Benefits of a Custom Exfoliating Treatment
Before any treatment, your skin and medical history will be evaluated, however, for the most part, all skin types can benefit from a Custom Exfoliating Treatment. A Customized Exfoliation can:
- Minimize fine lines and wrinkles
- Minimize acne scarring
- Lighten hyperpigmentation and melasma
- Revitalize dull or dehydrated skin
- Clear up blackheads and milia
- Clear up oily and/or acnaeic skin
*People using Accutane cannot have a Customized Exfoliation.
How to Prepare for a Custom Exfoliating Treatment During the week prior to a Customized Exfoliation:
- Do not tan or use a self-tanner
- Do not use aggressive scrubs or masks
- Do not get Botox or Injectable Fillers
- Discontinue prescription strength Retin A
What to Expect during a Custom Exfoliating Treatment
A Custom Exfoliation is a fast, efficient treatment that takes as little as 20 minutes. There can be a slight tingling sensation during the treatment, with no effect being felt at the conclusion of the treatment.
What Happens After a Custom Exfoliating Treatment
Your skin will feel smooth, healthy and very hydrated. You can be slightly red to pink for two hours, but makeup can be applied immediately. Over the next week you can have some slight flaking that can be addressed with extra moisturizer.
How Often Should you Receive a Custom Exfoliating Treatment
Every four to six weeks for optimum skin care. Many people alternate these with a HydraFacial, Microdermabrasion or Microcurrent treatment.